Mr. Thomas Robert Hathaway
Hillside Community Church is a small but mighty church on a simple mission to love God and to love people. We’re located just two blocks from Tufts University in the heart of Medford’s Hillside neighborhood and are an inclusive and welcoming congregation of the United Church of Christ.
Small though we are, our church is on a growth trajectory. We’re constantly on the lookout for new ways of serving our community and inviting them to participate in our mission. In the past year, we’ve installed a micro-food pantry to help those in our neighborhood struggling with food insecurity, we’ve built some community garden beds in our backyard, and we’ve run week-long service program for teens from four local high schools.
We’re now looking for an intern to help us carry this momentum into next year!
Having hosted seminarians for over 30 years, our congregation prides itself in being open to and encouraging of the diverse gifts and graces that our interns bring to us. If you have a particular passion, interest, or pet project that aligns with our mission, we’d love to experiment with you and help you get it off the ground!
Learn more at www.hillsidemedford.org .
Opportunities for Student Involvement:
- Help plan and participate in our regular Sunday morning worship service as well as our monthly Messy Church service for young families
- Preach on a monthly basis
- Participate and help lead our various service activities
- Plan and facilitate a special program of your own design in the spring semester
- Offer pastoral support to congregants as needed
The ideal candidate...
No information provided.
Arts of Ministry Competencies Offered:
- Administration and Program Development
- Denominational Polity
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Preaching and Worship
- Public Leadership, Community Organizing, and Planning
- Religious Education and Spiritual Development
The student minister will meet one hour per week with the supervisor for reflection on tasks of ministry.
- Number of Students: 1
- Total Compensation: $6000.00
- Type of Compensation: Direct Pay from Site