Christ Church Episcopal
Zero Garden St
Cambridge, MA 02138
Ms. Lieby Bouchard
The Harvard Square Churches Meal Program, an ecumenical project of ten churches, serves dinner every Thursday evening to about 100 homeless and low-income guests. In operation since June 1982, the meal program offers a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere for people to get together and eat a nutritious dinner.
Opportunities for Student Involvement:
1) Participate in all phases of the meal program on Thursdays from 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. meal preparation, dining room set-up, serving, clean-up and especially interaction with guests; 2) get to know other Cambridge programs for the homeless; 3) coordinate a short chapel service before the dinner; 4) attend meetings of the Advisory Board; 5) represent the meal program at area agency meetings; and 6) speak about the meal program at participating churches.
No information provided.
Arts of Ministry Competencies Offered:
- Administration and Program Development
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Preaching and Worship
Weekly supervision with the supervisor.
- Number of Students: 1
- Total Compensation: $5000.00
- Type of Compensation: Work Study