The church, established in 1758, overlooks the town green in Carlisle Center, about 17 miles from HDS. Carlisle is an affluent, suburban community with a small town feel. FRS is its community church. Our current membership is 200+ adults. We have 100+ children and youth enrolled in RE. The RE program has grown significantly in the last five years.
Opportunities for Student Involvement:
The congregation has moved from Field Education to a two-year, half-time internship model designed to meet requirements of the UUA Ministerial Fellowship Committee. To the chosen candidate, the church will provide monthly meetings with the Internship Committee and weekly supervision with the Minister. The Intern/Student will have a wide range of experiences geared toward preparation for both Parish Ministry and Family Ministry, working closely with Rev. Mobayed and our Director of Family Ministry under whose leadership we were designated a Break Through Congregation. Responsibilities of the Intern/Student will include Collaborative Worship Planning and Implementation, Preaching, Youth and other RE Programming and Implementation, Justice Programming and Implementation, Collaboration with Worship Arts and RE Committees, Administration and Management, Pastoral Care, and more. Interns/Students are expected to bring their curiosity, imagination, and enthusiasm.
There is no public transportation to Carlisle, so students will need to have access to a car.
Arts of Ministry Competencies Offered:
- Administration and Program Development
- Denominational Polity
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Preaching and Worship
- Public Leadership, Community Organizing, and Planning
- Religious Education and Spiritual Development
- Number of Students: 1
- Total Compensation: $10000.00
- Type of Compensation: Direct Pay from Site
- Additional Notes: Unitarian Universalist not necessary, but must be at home with liberal tradition. This site is available for field education placements and UU internships. Compensation is $10,000+ for each of the two 10-month years with an additional $1000 to be used as an expense account, approximately $500 per year.