Located just minutes from Walden Pond, The First Parish in Lincoln offers the right intern an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a congregation that is a full member of both the United Church of Christ (UCC) and the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). We are a community of approximately 350 adult members and 100 children and youth. Given our dual denominational standing, we span a wide range of theological diversity, embracing liberal Christians, Buddhists, humanists, and agnostics; our members claim affinity with more than 25 faith traditions/denominations. As a spiritually inclusive congregation, there is strong support for each person's individual journey as well as personal and collective spiritual growth. We have a highly accomplished and engaged lay leadership that actively participates in nurturing the spiritual life of the community. We are a socially engaged congregation, giving away a sizeable percentage of our annual budget in support of justice causes. In recent years, we have been engaged in the work of justice building through immigration/border justice, racial justice, disaster and refugee relief efforts, and the environment/climate change. Our interns are encouraged to explore and share their passion for justice with us. We are a healthy, stable church community, with a long history of loving and successfully nurturing future ministers. We invite you to explore the possibility of further developing your ministry with us!
Opportunities for Student Involvement:
Field education student ministers working an average of 15 hours a week will participate regularly in Sunday services, preach at least six times during the church year, lead one or two adult education courses, and be available for pastoral counseling and/or a service project. S/he will also attend some key committee meetings. Ministerial interns working 20 or 40 hours per week will have greater levels of responsibility, as well as closer collaboration with the Senior Minister, in line with their specific learning needs and goals.
You'll need a car. The drive from Cambridge/Somerville is about 20 minutes.
Arts of Ministry Competencies Offered:
- Administration and Program Development
- Denominational Polity
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Preaching and Worship
- Public Leadership, Community Organizing, and Planning
- Religious Education and Spiritual Development
Weekly one-hour meetings with Rev. Manish Mishra-Marzetti, Senior Minister.
- Number of Students: 1
- Total Compensation: $20000.00
- Type of Compensation: Direct Pay from Site
- Additional Notes: Stipend will be offered as follows - $20,000 plus $1000 professional expenses for a full-time 10 month ministerial internship; $10,000 plus $500 professional expenses per year for a half-time (20 hours per week) 10 month ministerial internship over two academic years; $7500 for a 15 hour per week, 10 month field education placement. Stipend will be pro-rated accordingly for 9 or 9.5 month placements. Additionally, we provide a health benefit and paid Sundays off.
This site is currently unavailable.